Imagine buying a product from a store, taking it home, and then discovering
there’s a problem with it. Disappointing, yes, but not a catastrophe. You can
simply take it back for repair or exchange.
But, what if it’s moving day, and you discover there’s a problem with
your new home? Whoa. A house isn’t so easily returned!
What are the most common problems encountered on moving day?
• A delay in getting the keys.
• The seller not having completely moved out.
• An item expected to be included with the property is missing.
(For example, the window blinds.)
• Something needs repair that was not disclosed by the seller,
nor did it come up during inspection. (For example, the
dishwasher not working.)
• Damage to the property caused by the seller. (For example, a
heavy item dropped during the move and cracking a floor tile.)
Fortunately, these are rare events. In most cases, you can expect no
serious issues when you move into your new home.
But, if something is wrong, you have options. So, call me immediately. In all
likelihood, I will be able to quickly resolve the issue.
If it’s a serious matter, such as missing items, I may get your real estate
lawyer involved to arrange for the return of the item(s) or compensation.
So don’t worry. Let the professionals handle it. You can just enjoy your new