Ideally, the first property you see when shopping for a new home will be the one you fall in love with and buy. But let’s face it. You’ll probably end up seeing several homes before reaching the decision to make an offer on one.
When you’re viewing homes, you want to make sure that the experience is enjoyable (rather than stressful) and that you get all the information you need to make the right decision.
To help you do that, here are a list of items you should consider taking with you:
- A notepad. Have something with you so you can take notes – a pad of paper, laptop computer, iPad, even a voice recorder.
- Flashlight. Just in case there is an area in a home that is not well lit, such as the furnace room.
- Maps. Map out your route in advance. This will reduce a lot of potential stress.
- Water and snacks. If you’re viewing more than two properties, take some healthy refreshments with you, rather than relying on fast food restaurants. These will help keep your energy level up. (This is especially important if you’re taking kids with you.)
- A plan. Don’t just view properties randomly. Work out an itinerary in advance. This will help you make the most of your time.
Want more tips on making your home hunting experience less stressful and more productive? Call The Dion-Ivans Real Estate Group today!!