For some homeowners, the process of listing, showing and selling
their home can be stressful. Fortunately, there is plenty you can do to
make it much less nerve-racking—and even exciting and enjoyable.
Here are some ideas:
1. Make a plan. Decide when you’re going to show your property,
search for a new home, view listings, etc. Block out these times in an
agenda book or calendar. That way, you and your family can see
what’s coming up.
2. Be flexible. Few things go exactly as planned! So, it’s important to
build in flexibility. For example, you may plan to see homes for sale
on Saturdays, but if an opportunity comes up on a weeknight, give
yourself room in your schedule to jump on it.
3. Eat well. There are numerous studies that connect poor nutrition with
increased stress. When people are selling and moving, there’s a
tendency to rely on quick fixes, such as hot dogs and pizza! Try to
plan more nutritious meals that will keep everyone healthy and
4. Get stuff done early. Doing things last minute, such as finding a real
estate lawyer or getting rid of clutter, can quickly lead to stress and
frustration. Whenever possible, get tasks done early. That way, you
won’t have to worry about them.
5. Hire the right professionals. By far, the surest way to a stress-free
move is to get the right professionals working for you: everyone from
contractors to mortgage brokers to movers.
By the way, a big part of what I do for clients is help make every
aspect of buying, selling and moving go smoothly.
Contact us to learn how we can help you!!