You can’t call yourself a dentist unless you have specific hard-earned
credentials. Just about anyone, however, can hang a shingle and call
himself a home improvement contractor. That’s why choosing a reputable
one is so difficult. Here are some tips:
• Find out if he or she is truly in business full-time. A part-time or
occasional contractor may not have the experience necessary to do a
• Ask about licenses and other credentials. Some contractors have
accreditations from professional and trade associations.
• Review his or her project portfolio. A reputable contractor will have
photos and other evidence of work completed for similar clients.
• Check online for reviews. If there are more than five poor reviews
within the past three years — that’s a red flag.
• Ask for references. Then, call at least one.
Finally, the best contractors are those that get recommended by people you
Looking for a contractor recommendation?
Call The Dion-Ivans Real Estate Team today!!