You are probably already aware of the major things you need to do around your home to get it ready for sale. These include getting rid of clutter, doing minor repairs, and making everything clean and tidy so every room is as much of a showcase as possible. But there are a myriad of little touch ups you can do that you may not have thought of before… touch ups that can make a big difference in how attractive your home looks to potential buyers.
Here are just a few:
· Paint or replace the mailbox.
· Add a couple of flowering plants to key areas, such as the dining room, living room, and just outside the front door.
· Patch up any minor cracks in the driveway and walkways.
· Put out the welcome mat. Literally! And if it’s not clean and completely free of stains, replace it.
· If you have a stainless steel kitchen sink, clean it using a special stainless steel cleaner and brightener. The effect will be dramatic; the sink will look like new.
· Use a special spot cleaner to lift any stains from carpeted areas.
· Replace plain or out-of-style light fixtures in the main areas of your home, such as the hallway and living room. Without spending a fortune, you can make a big difference in how these areas look.
· If your kitchen cabinetry is old, consider replacing the hardware on the doors and drawers. That, along with some touch-up paint or varnish on worn areas, can make your older kitchen look young again.
The great thing about these ideas is that they don’t cost much to implement, and you can probably do most of them in less than a day.
Want more ideas?? Call The Dion-Ivans Real Estate Group today...